Welcome to Day 1 of SMUDGEFEST 2015 hosted by SMEARED INK.
For the next 7 days I will (Time permitted) be making a project that fits in with the daily Theme and which also incorporates a SMEARED INK image.
Here are the rules:
*Each morning from August 3rd through 9th, a new challenge will be posted. It will contain that day's theme and prize information.
*To participate, you must make a project that fits the theme and add it to that day's post using Inlinkz. The link to add your entry will be located at the bottom of each post. Your project must be linked by midnight of the same day. Your link must go straight to the post on your blog containing your project, not your blog home page.
*Your project can be anything (card, scrapbook page, altered or 3-d item, etc) as long as it is handmade and stamped somewhere with either a rubber or digital stamp. All digital projects are allowed if it fits the theme. Feel free to think outside the box and have fun with your project! We are all about looking at things differently and look forward to the variety of projects we are sure to see.
*You must use AT LEAST 1 Smeared Ink image on your project to qualify for the daily prize drawing. You are allowed to use anything else that you like. If you just want to play along and aren't worried about qualifying for the prize, you do not have to include a Smeared Ink image.
*The daily winner will be chosen by random number and revealed later the next day in a separate post (not the daily theme post).
So, are you ready to play? Welcome to Day 1 of SmudgeFest!!
Create a project that showcases a piece of metal! It can range from metal scrapbook embellishments, to paper clips, to items you would find at a hardware store. Decorate a metal object, or cut up a soda can. Use your imagination!
"Annabel Lee" single digi stamp from Smeared Ink
Here is my contribution for today. I decided to create a Tag using an image from the As Death Rubber set for my main image.
I started of by inking the whole tag with Distress Inks in Antique Linen, Vintage Photo and Walnut Stain. Once dry I stamped my main image in Archival ink in potting soil and then heat embossed with clear embossing powder to make the image pop. I then stamped over the whole tag with a script stamp using Pumice Stone distress ink. As the main image is embossed the ink from the script can quite simply be wiped away. The edges of the tag were also heat embossed with clear embossing powder to give some definition. I then die cut two pediments from Tim Holtz pediment die. These were then inked up with Cracked Pistachio and Gathered twigs distress inks. The pediments were then embossed with the mini rays embossing folder from Tim Holtz. The pediments were then glued to top and bottom of the tag and to finish Metal Brads were added for decoration.
So that's me for Day 1.
Thanks for taking the time to stop by and read.