Monday 28 July 2014

Macabre Monday- DEJA-VU DOO

The  theme for this weeks challenge is:
DEJA-VU DOO - reuse a previous image, technique, paper, etc. that you recently used, but in a new way. I decided to alter a picture with embossed cardstock. The new way was to add paint techniques to the embossed cardstock instead of leaving as is.

SUPPLIES.


I started with a fish picture I picked up on sale. Didn't like the fish but loved the raised frame effect. I gave this a base coat of DecoArt  Traditions Acryic paint in black. Once dry I applied DecoArt Media Antiquing crème in Patina and once dry wiped back so it sat nicely in all the nooks and crannies of the frame. This was then given a coat of DecoArt Media Ultra Matte Varnish to seal.

                                                                   Fish Picture before.

I then embossed a piece of 300gsm cardstock which was cut and measured to fit the frame. Ran through my ebosser and then painted with DecoArt Media Acrylics using a technique by Andy Skinner which can be found here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9vJIQKbeHXI&feature=youtu.be

Whilst the background was drying I altered a wooden skull to be the main focus of the piece. I applied DecoArt Media Cracle paste to the skull and once dry gave a coat of DecoArt Media Antiquing crème in black and wiped back to define all of the lovely cracks. I then sealed with DecoArt Media Ultra Matte varnish. I die-cut an embellishment for the forehead of the skull using a spellbinders die and gave the same treatment as the base of the frame. Attached to the centre of the skull to finish.  Voilla Finished.

                                                               Finished Frame.

Thanks for taking the time to stop by and read.
Hugs Fiona.

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous, Fiona! Still trying to figure our how you did that wondeful embossing in the background. Is that an actual folder with the crosses? Amazing work! xxD

    ReplyDelete