For my second contribution as a Design Team Player I decided to alter a notebook. I started with a plain boring notebook, Painted the whole thing with DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylic in Carbon Black. Whilst drying I embossed a piece of black 300gsm cardstock using a Spellbinders 3d Embossing folder. I then Die cut the nested frames using A spellbinders Die set also in 300 gsm cardstock to give stability to the frame. Dorian Gray was then printed and coloured using Copic Markers and cut down to size to fit the frame. The embossed cardstock was then given a coat of DecoArt Metallic Lustre Gilding Wax in Black Shimmer to accentuate the embossing detail attached to the now dry notebook . A coat of DecoArt Media Matte Varnish was then applied to the whole of the notebook covers back and front to seal and protect. Once dry the frame was then added and secured in place using tiny silver brads. Sheer organza Ribbon was then attached as a finishing touch.
Now much more appealing and to my liking. A fun project. Hope you will join us over at the Delicious Darkness Challenges blog and join in the fun with us creating art on the darkside.
Thanks for taking the time to stop by and read.