Friday 15 April 2016

Dare You to Create ?............ Think I just did.

Tracy Weinzapfel and Andy Skinner are at it again. But this time they are daring you to create.
Andy and Tracy want to see how you can incorporate BOTH of their styles into your own piece(s).
So I gathered up my DecoArt supplies and set about creating not one but two Skinzapfel pieces of art incorporating both styles.
 First up an Andy Skinner Inspired piece with a touch of Tracey Weinzapfel thrown in.

I started with a canvas board. I then created a sunray stencil design in illustrator and cut my design on my brother Scan n Cut. I then sponged through the stencil with a mix of DecoArt Media tinting base and DecoArt Media fluid acrylic in paynes grey. Next step was to spritz  over the canvas board with DecoArt Media Misters in carbon black, shimmering Turquoise and shimmering white. The flowers were painted using the Tinting base and paynes grey mix. When dry they were outlined with a black fine liner pen. The skull was cut from  black 300gsm cardstock on the Brother Scan n Cut. It was rhen given a coat of DecoArt Media Crackle paint . Whils drying I set about Rusting the cogs for the eyes using DecoArt Media Texture Sand paste and Media Fluid acrylics in Prussian blue hue and interference turquoise. The cogs were then added to the skull and then attached to canvas board base. To finish I stamped in Black archival Ink around the sides of the canvas board and onto the base using stamps from Andy Skinners Toxic Set.
 
 
Next up a Tracy Weinzapfel Inspired piece with a touch of Andy Skinner thrown in.
 
 
I started with a canvas board and primed with DecoAt Media white Gesso. When dry I applied DecoArt Media Crackle paste with a palette knife and set aside to dry. I die cut two hearts from chipboard on one I used a technique learnt in Andy Skinners Timeworn Techniques class . On the other heart I die cut  the heart again from an old book page and attached to the heart. This was then given a wash of some watered down Media Mister in Turquoise Shimmer taken from the bottle. Once dry The heart was stamped with black archival ink using a stamp from Andy Skinners Toxic set and edged with carbon black Media fluid acrylic. A die cut cog was then given the rusty treatment using an Andy Skinner technique. I then sprayed the canvas board with DecoArt Media Misters in Carbon Black, Shimmering Turquoise and Shimmering white. This highlighted all the yummy texture of the crackle paste. Stamping was then added using a stamp from Andy Skinners Toxic set and black archival ink. The edges of the canvas board was then sponged with DecoArt Media fluid acrylic in carbon black. The hearts and cog were then applied to the canvas board and stamped word strips added to finish.
 
I think I surpassed all my expectations with these two pieces of art which has taken me in a direction I never thought I would whilst thoroughly enjoying the process.
 
Thanks for taking the time to stop by and read.
Hugs Fiona.


1 comment: