Thursday 19 November 2015

Smeared and Smudged Member Blog Hop

 


SMEARED AND SMUDGED MEMBER BLOG HOP
Fiona
Titbelsoeur
Susan R.
Lyneen
Susan S.
 
 
 
Good morning and welcome to the Smeared and Smudged Members Blog Hop. The theme for November is Grunge a good excuse to get down and dirty with your craft stash. The blog roll is at the top of the post so do stop by and see what grunginess all the other participants have created.
Also, don't forget the S&S rule that is has to be stamped somewhere (digi stamps are fine) – we love when you use Smeared Ink stamps, but it is NOT a requirement
 
 
For my project I decided to create a dimensional piece. An ATC on a Tag on a Tag. I started off by creating my Tag bases. The large one from MDF and the smaller one from mount board. I inked them up with distress inks in frayed burlap, gathered twigs and ground espresso. I then splashed with water droplets and dried with a heat tool. I then used Andy Skinners Industrial stamps to stamp over the tag background with coffee archival ink to give a feeling of texture. I then Stencilled the sides of the tags with An Andy Skinner stencil and put aside to dry. I then created my ATC using the  Skull Front digi stamp from Smeared Ink.Rinted off and attached to an ATC base cut from mountboard for stability. I then die cut flowers using the Tattered Florals die from Tim Holz, distressed them using the same distress Inks used for the tag bases. I then assembled everything together added the flowers and some twine and rustic elements to finish.
 
 
 
Thanks for stopping by today. Your comments are very much appreciated.
Hugs Fiona.


5 comments:

  1. This is stunning. I love this coffee archival ink. oh this is really gorgeous I love your flowers and embellies. Beautiful with this image.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! This is yummy! I can see I need some new distress browns. Love the dimension. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOOOh Fiona ! I love your tag, it is stunning !!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WoW Fiona - that is just a super awesome piece. Love the colour tones :-D

    Hugz
    IKE xx

    My Challenge Blog
    My Shop
    My Blog
    FB Fan Page
    Cat Lovers Challenge Blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE your tag.... the flowers are AWESOME!!! Very Grunge!!!

    ReplyDelete