Friday, 30 May 2014

May Monster Madness for HDH

There's a fun Monster blog hop going on today and the minions who reside in the dungeons at Haunted Design House have decided to come out of the dark depths to play and take part in May Monster Madness. So hop on over and visit and click on all the linky's you find there to discover all kinds of Monsters and critters. I have two projects to show you today. A mixed media board with an image transfer of a Fabulous Monster I may say Frankenstein's Monster, using Decoart Paints and Mediums.
Mixed Media Board.
My second project Is a Vampire Killing Kit, created using Decoart Paints and Mediums and techniques learnt in Andy Skinners online class Book of Ruination.
                                                        Vampire Killing Kit closed.

                                                        Vampire Killing Kit Open.

Thanks for taking the time to stop by and read.
Hugs Fiona.

Monday, 19 May 2014

Macabre Monday #189 Ripped to Ribbons

Todays new challenge theme is
The Dungeon has gone all fancy!
The Minions have festooned the dank hallways with
That's right, ribbons.
So we want you to use 'em! any way you like ripped .torn, shredded or just as they are as long as there are ribbons to be seen.
Oh, remember to make it Hallowe'en or Gothically inspired.No sissy stuff here.
For my project I decided to create a large wooden Domino Book. I have had these wood blanks for quite awhile and decided to use some on this project. I painted the wood blanks with a coat of DecoArt Americana Lamp Black Acrylic paint to become the covers of my book. I then measured, scored and cut my base in black 300gsm card to become my base for the images to be attached which will form my pages for the book. I then fired up photoshop  to create my mini pages for the book. The images I chose came fom Itkupilli . I sized all the images I chose to use to fit my base card. Printed, cut and attached to the base card evenly spaced. I then folded the base card with the images attached concertina style. I attached black organza Ribbon to both book covers and then glued and attached my concertina base to each book cover.I then applied Judkins micro glaze to all images and front and back covers. Buffed to a shine which protects and waterproofs against any little spillages. Tied the ribbon ties in a bow which fastens the book closed.
                                                         SLIGHTLY ANGLED VIEW.
A fun little project. I hope you will join us over at Haunted Design House and come play with us in the dungeon for the current challenge.
Thanks for taking the time to stop by and read.
Hugs Fiona.

Monday, 5 May 2014

HDH Macabre Monday # 188 Whole Lotta Rosie

Today's new challenge theme is
"Whole Lotta Rosie".


It's no big secret that we like to rock out from time to time,
here in the dungeon.
Why let all the great acoustics got to waste on our own incessant howling?
Some of the Minions are huge fans of the band, AC/DC.
Some of us are even fans of lovely roses.
And at least one of us is a fat chick, so we figured we open it all up to your
For my project I decided to alter the cover of one of the many hardback books I have collected from the  charity shops and Boot fairs over the years. Here's what I came up with to tie in with the current theme. I started off by cutting a frame from chipboard on my brother scan n cut and attaching to the front and back covers. Then  covering the front and back covers with brown paper bags applying with DecoArt  Decoupage medium, adding wrinkles to give a leather effect. This was then left to dry overnight. A skull was then cast using techniques learnt in Andy Skinners Outcasts workshop and left to dry overnight also. Once everything was completely dry the front and back covers were given a coat of DecoArt Lamp Black Acrylic paint and when dry DecoArt Metallic Lustre in Black Shimmer was applied all over. The skull was then given a coat of DecoArt  Lamp Black Acrylic paint and when dry was then Dry Brushed with DecoArt Traditions Warm White Acrylic Paint. The skull was then attached to the front cover of the book and two red roses glued into the eye sockets. Aged metal corners were then attached to the cover for extra decoration as well as to the top and bottom of the skull. The edge of the pages to the book were swiped with Tim Holtz vintage photo distress ink to give an aged appearance. A Tim Holtz hitch fastener was then applied to the front cover and a chain attached to form a closure.
                                                           SLIGHT ANGLE VIEW.

                                                      VIEW FROM THE SIDE.
Enjoyed the process and pleased with the overall effect that I achieved.
And just for fun I decided to honour the lady herself  "ROSIE" who features in all of the Whole lotta  Rosie ACDC Sets. on a fold out card complete with wrap and rose trim.

 I hope you will join us over at Haunted Design House and participate in the current challenge with us.
Thanks for taking the time to stop by and read.
Hugs Fiona.