Monday, 20 October 2014

HDH Macabre Monday Hellacious Halloween Week #1

The new challenge theme for this fortnight is
Hellacious Hallowe'en (Hadults Honly)
You know how we love Halloween here, and this fortnight we're looking for Halloween-themed projects this time around.
Pretty much anything Halloween
but absolutely nothing cute or child-friendly.
That means
NO cute stuff, please. 
We can't stomach that stuff down here in the DUNGEON..
we minions need our fix of fiendish Hallowe'en fun..  
Soo for my part I decided to alter a garish cabinet I picked up at the junk store awhile back. It is one of those cabinets that you hang your keys in. I saw the potential of it being altered so bought it home with me for the pricely sum of ZERO. Yep Free Gratis, can't get any better than that. After stripping and dismantling I painted the whole thing black with a couple of coats of Decoart Media Fluid Acrylic in Carbon black. I then got out the Brother Scan N Cut and cut lattice panels for the back, sides and doors of the cabinet. I then printed some fabulous skully bat paper ( a freebie from Abigail Larsons Facebook page ) measured, cut and adhered to the now dry cabinets back, sides and doors. The lattice work was then adhered to the back, sides and doors and a coat of Decoart Media Ultra matte Varnish applied all over to seal. Now to tackle the roof A piece of black 300gsm cardstock was put through the Ebosser using a hessian embossing folder. This was then cut to shape and glued to the roof top and sealed with a coat of Decoart Media Ultra Matte Varnish. The hinges and door and draw fittings were then re-attached and voila a much nicer piece to hang my keys.
                                                             Finished Cabinet.

                                                                    Side View.

Thanks for taking the time to stop by and read. I hope you will join us over at Haunted Design House for this fortnights challenge. Can't wait to see what you create.
Hugs Fiona.

Monday, 13 October 2014

Delicious Darkness Challenge #3 ATG/Halloween.

It's time for a new challenge at Delicious Darkness and the twist this month is Halloween. Sooo I decided to go Witchy on ya all and alter a box to keep all my gruesome bits and bobs in. I decided to use Eva the Witch as my focal image for the box top and coloured her in with my copics. Fussy cut her out ready to attach to the box top. I then painted the whole box black. Once dry I printed off a few sheets of  the 666 paper from the Beastly Paper Pack. I then printed of a few sheets of Abigail Larsons Freebie Skull paper from her Facebook page after altering the colour in photoshop to a nice shade of purple to match my main image of Eva. I then cut and attached the papers to the top and sides of the box. Added Eva the Witch to the side. Stuck some fancy black trim all around the box top edge and finished with a black Satin Bow on the opposite side of the box top.
                                                             TOP ANGLED VIEW.

                                                            FULL ON FRONT VIEW.

Thanks for taking the time to stop by and read. Hope you will join over at Delicious Darkness Challenges. Can't wait to see what you create.

Hugs Fiona

Monday, 6 October 2014

Macabre Monday # You Wood Do That.

The theme for the challenge this time round at Haunted Design House is to use Wood, Woodgrain, Stakes, Coffins, Gallows. Trees, Broomsticks etc whatever floats your boat as long as it contains wood. Sooo I hope chipboard counts as that is what I have used for my project.
I have had this Retro Reverable Chipboard Clock kit from Andy Skinner and available from Tando Creative for awhile now and thought I had better put it to use. I started by giving all the pieces a coat of DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylic in Carbon Black. Once dry all the number sections were outlined by gluing twine around the edges to create a separate compartment. These were then filled with a gel medium containing small glass beads. Once dry DecoArt Metallic Lustre in Black Shimmer was then applied and buffed to highlight all the texture. The numbers were then given a coat of DecoArt Traditions Acrylic paint in warm white. Once dry DecoArt Media Crackle glaze was then applied and when dry coated with DecoArt Media Antiquing cream in black, then wiped back to reveal all the lovely cracks. For the centrepiece of the clock I decided to cut a skull from chipboard using my brother Scan n Cut and gave it the same treatment as the numbers. Then assembled and glued all the pieces, added the clock mechanism ( yes it is a functioning piece ) and Voila a new timepiece for my craft room and so my style.
Finished Assembled Clock.

Thanks for taking the time to stop by and read. Hope you will come play with us in the dungeon at Haunted Design House.

Hugs Fiona.