I'm on double duty again today, so bear with me folks.
Airless Chambers is hosting a Rick St Dennis Showcase over on the blog today of which I am a participant being an Elite Design Team Member.
This will be a first “showcase” for Airless Chambers. Some, and sometimes all, of Rick’s Elite Design Team (EDT will be showcasing projects completed with some of Rick’s amazing digital images. Rick will be giving us a monthly theme and we will be picking our own images from his vast collection of images in his Etsy
Rick’s choice of a theme for us was Valentine BUT we could not use traditional Valentine colors. We were not allowed to use reds, pinks, or purples
So I decided to make a document wallet using Rick's Newly Deads here in Zibbet
. I decided to colour the image up in Distress Inks , Vintage Photo, Tea Die and Walnut Stain. I was going for the aged sepia look you get in vintage photos. Once the image was coloured I scanned it it to my computer and created a document wallet cover, printed out and attached to some heavy duty cardstock. Made a pocket for the inside to hold a very important document which was created next. I added a brad to the back and front of the wallet and fastened with some string to make a closure to keep that all important document safe.
Now for the all important document. Why yes you have to have a Certificate of Marriage right. I created the certificate in photoshop. Added the newly deads, heads into fames and gave them a name. Printed onto parchment paper and then tore and inked the edges. To finish I crumpled it all up and then flattened out. This then sits inside the document wallet.
Certificate of Marriage.
Today I have an altered box to show you. using the gorgeous new Rubber Stamps
If you're not a member of the club it'll be a couple of months before this go on general sale...
so what better time than NOW to join the club?
I started off by covering the box with some embossed cardstock. Gave it a coat od DecoArt silver metallic paint. Once dry applied black DecoArt antiquing cream and wiped back so it sits nicely in all the nooks and crannies. This was then sealed with two coats of DecoArt media ultra matte varnish to protect. I then stamped one of the wild woman images and decided to stick with the cool grey family using my copics to achieve a monochromatic look to tie in with the box décor. I then die cut a frame and dry brushed with silver metallic paint. Appplied to the box lid with 3d foam pads and then attached the main image on top of the frame.
Box Side View.
Thanks for taking the time to stop by and read.