Friday 7 August 2015

Death with Smudgefest 2015 Day 5

 
 
 
 
Welcome to Day 5 of Smudgefest!  For all the details on the challenge and rules, please head on over to the Smeared  and Smudged blog HERE.
 
The Challenge for Day 5 is Fibre Friday.
 
Today your challenge is to incorporate some sort of fiber, string, thread, or yarn into your project. You can use a little or a lot, the choice is yours!
 
 
Here's my take and make on todays challenge an ATC using Anatomy Skull Digi from Smeared ink as my focal point.
 
 
I started by creating my background using distress inks. I then inked up an embossing folder with archival ink added my background and embossed to get a letter press effect. I attached my embossed background to a mount board base to give stability. I then die cut a frame and inked it up. I then printed of three Anatomy Skulls coloured with distress inks, fussy cut and then added Decoart Media crackle glaze. Once dry distress ink was added to highlight the cracks. I then layered up the skulls with Decopage glue to give dimension. I attached the frame to the tag with brads, added the skull and then tied some black fluffy fibre stuff on one side of the ATC. To finish a sentiment was added to the bottom of the tag.
Alas this is my last day in participating in Smudgefest for this year as I am away for the weekend with my Daughter and Grandchildren. I hope you have enjoyed my creations this week as much as I have loved making them.
As always thanks for stopping by and taking the time to read.
Hugs Fiona.
 
 

3 comments:

  1. Another truly elegant make, Fiona! Love how the background turned out and those fibers ROCK! Enjoy your weekend with the family. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fiona this is so amazing! Love the depth and detail, thanks so much for sharing your awesome crafty-play details. Have a fabulous weekend!~kim

    ReplyDelete
  3. Greeeeeeeeeaaaaat !!! I love the crunchy look of this guy. This is an awesome piece Fiona :-)
    Sorry I am a bit behind with commenting but I had techno problems (couldn't play along either :-( .... ) xxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete