Thursday 6 August 2015

Nevermore Tag with Smudgefest 2015 Day 4.

 
 
 
 
Welcome to Day 4 of Smudgefest!  For all the details on the challenge and rules, please head on over to the Smeared  and Smudged blog HERE.
 
 
The Challenge for Day 4 is Thrashed Thursday.
 
Dig really deep today and bring out your inner thrasher! Create a stamped project that is thrashed, slashed, torn, grunged, or decayed.
 
 
Here's my take and make on todays challenge.
 I decided to get Inky and oh so very grungy and distressed.
 
 
 
My project today is a Tag using images and text from Quoth the Raven Rubber set from Smeared Ink.
I created my tag background with Distress inks in Walnut stain, Vintage photo and old paper stamped onto my craft mat, spritzing with water and dragging the tag through it until I got the result I was happy with. Once dry I stamped a flourish in peeled pain Distress ink and then embossed down the left side to add texture and interest. I then stamped text from the rubber set onto cream paper and tore into a strip and inked the edges with Vintage Photo Distress ink and attached to the Right side of the tag. Now for the focal point of the tag. I stamped and then coloured Poe with Distress inks. I die cut a frame using a locket die from Spellbinders. This was then given a decayed and rusty effect by embossing with Distress embossing powder in Tea Dye twice. Mounted Poe into the frame and attached to the tag. I then stamped the raven also from the rubber set onto cream cardstock, fussy cut and inked the edges in Vintage photo distress ink and mounted onto the tag with 3d foam for definition. Swiped some cotton ribbon through vintage photo distress ink and attached to the tag with black organza ribbon to finish.
So that's me for Day 4.
Thanks for taking the time to stop by and read.
Hugs Fiona.


1 comment:

  1. WOW, Fiona! the texture you've achieved here is AMAZING! Every detail adds to your beyond fabulous design. Love, love, LOVE! xxD

    ReplyDelete