Monday 6 October 2014

Macabre Monday # You Wood Do That.

 
 
The theme for the challenge this time round at Haunted Design House is to use Wood, Woodgrain, Stakes, Coffins, Gallows. Trees, Broomsticks etc whatever floats your boat as long as it contains wood. Sooo I hope chipboard counts as that is what I have used for my project.
 
I have had this Retro Reverable Chipboard Clock kit from Andy Skinner and available from Tando Creative for awhile now and thought I had better put it to use. I started by giving all the pieces a coat of DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylic in Carbon Black. Once dry all the number sections were outlined by gluing twine around the edges to create a separate compartment. These were then filled with a gel medium containing small glass beads. Once dry DecoArt Metallic Lustre in Black Shimmer was then applied and buffed to highlight all the texture. The numbers were then given a coat of DecoArt Traditions Acrylic paint in warm white. Once dry DecoArt Media Crackle glaze was then applied and when dry coated with DecoArt Media Antiquing cream in black, then wiped back to reveal all the lovely cracks. For the centrepiece of the clock I decided to cut a skull from chipboard using my brother Scan n Cut and gave it the same treatment as the numbers. Then assembled and glued all the pieces, added the clock mechanism ( yes it is a functioning piece ) and Voila a new timepiece for my craft room and so my style.
 
 
Finished Assembled Clock.

Thanks for taking the time to stop by and read. Hope you will come play with us in the dungeon at Haunted Design House.

Hugs Fiona.

No comments:

Post a Comment