Wednesday 21 October 2015

Day # 21 of The 31 Days of Halloween

 
 
Welcome to DAY # 21 OF THE 31 DAYS OF HALLOWE'EN 
you can find all the details of this fabulous hop HERE.
The full blog roll is on my side bar and shall remain there all month long.
 
My project today is a wall hanging that I picked up at the pound shop and altered to suit my style. I started by base coating the whole thing with DecoArt chalky finish paint in carbon . When dry I roughly went over the whole piece again with DecoArt chalky finish paint in Primitive. Once dry I stamped the Scratchy Raven from Tim Holtz and the Sentiment from Quoth the Raven Rubber set from Smeared ink. Gave it a coat of clear wax to finish. Simple but effective.
 
 
Thanks for stopping by today. See you tomorrow. Happy Hopping
 
 
 
 

10 comments:

  1. Love your wall hanging and stamps! Great buy fro the pound shop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simple but very effective indeed, love the wood and the stamping.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooo love it! Now I must know, what was it's original decorative purpose?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks rustic and worn.
    Great piece.
    thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh so cool . The show I was just in she had sugar skulls like this for 135.00 love your art. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome Fiona! Would love to see it in reality!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Extremely effective, I'd say! Such a cool ghostly feel! Love! xxD

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW... this is fantastic... I would love to hang this in my house.... TOOOO COOOL... Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete